About the IR Society
Our mission, vision and values as a Society
Investor Relations is the communication of information and insight between a company and the investment community. This process enables a full appreciation of the company’s business activities, strategy and prospects and allows the market to make an informed judgement about the fair value and appropriate ownership of a company.
The Investor Relations Society’s mission is to promote best practice in investor relations; to support the professional development of its members; to represent their views to regulatory bodies, the investment community and government; and to act as a forum for issuers and the investment community.
To be the focal point in the UK for investor relations practice and IR professionals and to promote best practice in investor relations generally.
Our core beliefs
- Investor relations should be at the heart of the development of corporate strategy
- Proactive, universal, prompt and clear investor communications
- Transparency in securities trading
- Proportionate regulation that promotes equity and fairness
- The value of engagement between companies and investors
- The need for investor relations professionals to attain an appropriate level of competence and maintain it through continued professional development
Memorandum and Articles
The Memorandum and Articles of Association of The Investor Relations Society can be downloaded as a pdf file by clicking on the link.