Events Manager - The Investor Relations Society
The Investor Relations Society, the UK’s professional body for investor relations (IR), is looking for a new team member to strengthen our delivery of Society events as part of our active annual calendar.
We need an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join us as a permanent member of the executive team. The main role we are looking to fill is a hands-on part in the planning, budgeting, organisation and successful delivery of our events, including our flagship annual conference and popular Best Practice Awards dinner.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in developing their knowledge of capital and financial markets given our target audience is IR professionals and supporting service providers. At the same time, we do need a team player who sees their role as an integral part of delivering an overall Society calendar, while appreciating the opportunity to gain unique exposure to a broad spectrum of listed companies and other important players in our industry. The executive will be at Manager level and would be expected to work closely with our Head of Policy and Communications, given content informs all our Society events.
The role includes:
- Working closely with the Head of Policy & Communications and all other team members
- Day to day responsibility for the programme of events (about 35-40 per annum)
- Plan annual calendar of events as executive for the Events Committee / work closely with committee Chair, including meeting minutes and follow-up
- Work with professional development executive to ensure link between courses and events
- Manage events from start to completion, including: content; on-site presence; event material; event feedback process; and marketing before, during and after event, including social media
- Use of proprietary database to target, enrol and manage event delegates
- Identify and manage speakers for events and generate new ideas for topics
- Research new events and undertake competitive analysis so we remain current and relevant
- Use of communications tools and social media to market and promote events
- Assist in the broader marketing remit, maintaining the CRM and updating website content
- The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in developing their knowledge of IR
- Ability to work in customer facing environment and address the membership of a professional body in the City
- A team player who can see their role as an integral part of delivering an overall quality of service on behalf of the Society
- Experience of working in an office in the City and possibly running events or courses would be advantageous
- A keen attention to detail and quality customer service are most important to a community that puts a premium on responsiveness and professionalism
Date posted: 25 April, 2018
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact Laura Hayter at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3434 2213.