Head of Investor Relations
To own and drive the company’s Investor Relations strategy and activities in full support of the CEO and the VP of Finance.
The role reports directly into the VP of Finance and also requires close working relationships with the CEO, the rest of the management team and the Board. You will be also partner closely with communications and key business unit across the organization.
The role will be to lead, develop and manage Investor Relations in a hands-on way with attention to detail and the big picture the investor and analyst relations program for both equity and debt investors, external reporting and communications (quarterly reporting and the Annual Report).
The successful candidate will be self-sufficient, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, offer strategic solutions and bring a wealth of investor relations experience from a listed business.
Investor Relations – Objectives:
- To convey a strong, consistent and well understood investment message
- To develop and strengthen relations with the investment community
- To enhance the quality of comprehension of the Company’s business model, future growth opportunity and investment case by the analyst and investment communities
- Effective communication of the strategy and the progress against the strategy to the investors and analysts
- Advise the VP of Finance and CEO on investor and analyst communication strategy and plans and ensure the appropriate meetings and communication takes place. Serve as a key advisor to senior stakeholders on the investor relations strategy and corporate communications
- Actively engage with senior management team to become a trusted advisor about investor perspectives and market opportunities
- Provide market insights to the Executive management team, including financial trends, shareholder concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company, and train them on “What is the meaning of being a publicly held company!”
- Engage in the business development process, participating in internal meetings and preparing analyses about market reaction to various business development initiatives
- Coordination of investor events and the appropriate contents supported by professional presentations to explain our strategy for investor and analyst events
- Manage the Annual Report and Quarterly Reporting proactively to ensure that the Group produces and reports its results efficiently and within the required regulatory timeframe including:
- Take active role during the preparation of results materials including drafting or reviewing of key materials (Press Release, Q&A, Presentation) and supporting in the collation of business insight
- Establish processes, procedures and systems to build on a best in class investor relations function
- Develop and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and narrative, ensuring that the company’s business strategy, progress and market opportunity is understood by the analyst and investor community
- Serve as a key corporate spokesperson with investors, financial media, analysts, relevant agencies and other stakeholders. Establish, develop and maintain long-term business relations with investors and analysts, while ensuring a timely response and resolution to all requests.
- Drive investor targeting, manage and analyse the Company shareholder list, peer group comparison and analysis
- Lead and drive the Annual Report process and structure in conjunction with other relevant business verticals, ensuring compliance with regulation and best practice, advising on messaging, business model and corporate strategy, strategic content, sustainability, corporate governance and the financial section
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise; stay current on all company and related industry activity in order to be responsive to investors and media and to communicate effectively with management
- Provide feedback related to discussions with the investment community and the reaction to the company's business strategy, market developments and the communication to the market thereof
- Supporting Establishment and management of the IR section on the website, including the creation of content and structure, ensuring the site is up-to-date at all times
- Manage consensus estimates and communicate to the key stakeholders in the Company
- Attend investor/analyst meetings, keeping a detailed account of such interactions and manage the CRM and managing the IR budget
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success leading a strategic investor relations function, including having successfully developed and implemented strategic, proactive IR plans that have delivered results
- Strong financial analysis skills and sophisticated understanding of investor relations and the financial market dynamics
- Very familiar with valuation and financial modelling techniques used by investors and analysts
- A deep understanding of trends in capital markets, macroeconomics, competitors and customer trends
- Highly articulate, with persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong network of investment community relationships, including investors, analysts and financial media in the UK and across EMEA
- Understanding of market regulation and stock market rules across EU
- An energetic, efficient, effective and resourceful self-starter, team player as well as individual contributor
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and to work proactively with other functions to understand and communicate the company's history, vision and strategy
- Flexibility to travel as and when required on a frequent basis to Europe
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Date posted: 4 April, 2018
VMAGROUP is one of the world’s largest specialist corporate communications and marketing search and selection consultancies. We have a dedicated IR team and over the past 40 years, have grown to become the leading international resourcing and career partner for clients and candidates.
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact Tom Morgan-Harris on 02074364243 / HelloEC@vmagroup.com quoting reference TMH913295.