Investor Relations Manager (Denham, Buckinghamshire)
Pay: Competitive financial and benefits package
If you are an experienced Investor Relations professional and looking for your next challenge within a FTSE 100, then our Investor Relations Manager role could be the role for you.
Who are we?
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values.
These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviors that are important to us and our customers – that’s why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
Reporting into the Head of IR and working closely with Corporate Communications, the IR Director will assist in developing and implementing the IR strategy and investor proposition whilst providing leadership for IR activities including the financial reporting schedule.
- Develop and deliver an IR programme that enables IHG to communicate effectively with all financial audiences through results announcements, site visits, hospitality events, conferences and seminars.
- Analyse shareholder movements and market perceptions and report on share performance, market expectations and reactions to develop future communications strategies with shareholders.
- Maintain detailed consensus and analyse closely with IHG’s budgeted/forecasted numbers.
- Work with the Head of IR to develop and deliver the annual IR strategy and financial reporting plan;
- Build strong working relationships with the sell-side analysts, dealing with all their queries, requests and phone calls and reviewing and commenting on analysts’ draft notes and forecasts;
- Maintain an accurate record of analysts’ financial forecasts and analyse closely in relation to expected company results;
- Prepare targeted presentations and briefing packs for investor roadshows, capital markets events and ad hoc meeting activity;
- Take one-on-one institutional meetings as requested throughout the year;
- Build strong working relationships with key buy-side analysts/fund managers and deal with all shareholder enquiries and phone calls in a timely manner;
- Monitor and analyse buying and selling activity through the monthly share register analysis
- Leading IHG’s quarterly reporting schedule including detailed planning of both messaging and logistics; analysis of reported numbers identifying and addressing key issues and drafting the stock exchange announcement, presentations, scripts, Q&A, key messages etc.
- Monitor activities, market issues and commentary that could potentially affect the company’s share price. This will include monitoring the output of analysts in the sector and competitor performance, providing commentary (and action if necessary) back into the organisation
We are looking for someone with experience of Investor Relations who has an excellent all-round communication skills with good commercial acumen. You will have an analytical track record, be highly numerate with good organisational and logistical skills.
Ideally you will have a strong knowledge of, or professional qualification in, accounting techniques (ACA/CIMA, or CFA/MBA) coupled with report, presentation and script writing experience.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
Date posted: 16 July, 2018
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply on the IHG careers website, here.