Investor Relations Manager
We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park.
Be a part of the Merlin magic by joining the Merlin Corporate team. We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now’s your chance to join us!
Merlin is a global leader in location-based entertainment and, as a FTSE 100 company, is looking for an Investor Relations Manager to help tell Merlin’s existing story to the financial markets.
Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations, the IR Manager will provide support across the full spectrum of IR activity, working closely with a number of teams internally, as well as external advisors.
This is a high-profile role offering significant exposure to Merlin’s senior management and could suit someone with existing Investor Relations, Capital Markets, or Financial PR experience.
The role is based in Merlin’s global head office in Poole, Dorset, with frequent travel to London and occasional travel abroad. Key objectives include:
- Ensuring that existing and potential shareholders, and sell-side analysts, have a good understanding of the business, its strategy and prospects.
- Providing the ‘end-to-end’ support in the delivery of key reporting events, day-to-day delivery of the IR programme, and various ad hoc analysis and projects.
- Depending on level of experience, after a period of 6-12 months in the role, the ideal candidate will be expected to support sell-side analysts with modelling and other questions, independently of the Head of IR, as well as lead on initial, ‘introductory’ calls with investors.
We are looking for the following skills and experience...
- Previous experience in another Investor Relations, Capital Markets or Financial PR role strongly preferred.
- Degree educated with strong MS Office skills (particularly Excel and Powerpoint).
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Highly numerate with an ability to succinctly communicate complex information.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and maintain attention to detail under strict deadlines.
We’re very proud of our position in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for and we strive to ensure we offer our employees a great place to work. We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Date posted: 23 August, 2017
Please apply online by clicking here.