Investor Relations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Investor Relations Manager to join our team. The role is located in the Head Office in London, with visits to Derby.
We are looking for a financially literate, commercially aware and highly motivated individual to join Rolls-Royce’s Investor Relations (IR) team. IR is the Group’s central function responsible for its interaction with institutional shareholders and research analysts within the global equity markets. Working in the IR team as the IR Manager, you will have a wide-ranging role with an emphasis on business and financial analysis, relationship building across Group and supporting the development of the Group’s financial messaging to the global equity markets. This is a great career development opportunity, if you are wishing to gain exposure to external capital markets and senior business leaders, including the Board.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. Our work is complex, innovative, highly challenging and rewarding, and it takes a range of professionals to do it. Having the right people means we can deliver excellence to our customers and pioneer the power that matters.
- Provide the principal analytical support for the Investor Relations team for both internal and external data, modelling financial performance, monitoring sell-side research and collating sell-side consensus
- Collaborate with Group and Business finance teams to interpret and validate accounting, financial and other business information and develop briefing packs full and half year financial results and other major IR events
- Support the preparation of materials for and participate in major Investor Relations events including financial results, capital markets events, air-shows, roadshows and site visits
- Support development and execution of the IR strategy, working with Group Finance and external advisers on topics including financial guidance, presentations and investor targeting
- Liaise with the Strategy and Communications to ensure the IR team are aware of industry trends and competitor actions which might impact the outlook of the business
- Support the team in responding to queries from buy-side, sell-side, individual shareholders, general enquiries and maintain investor records
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, a formal economics, accounting or MBA qualification beneficial but not essential
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and how they affect statutory financial reporting
- You will be commercially-aware, financially literate/numerate, and comfortable with financial modelling, including the ability to distil complex data, information and trends into clear and concise analysis
- Ability to build key working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally and be comfortable with undertaking senior level briefings, active in presentations and discussions as well as be an effective contributor to the team.
- Ability to summarise complex messages in a clear and understandable manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs especially Excel and PowerPoint
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer beyond tomorrow. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Date posted: 9 January, 2019
Please apply for this role on the Rolls-Royce website.