Investor Relations Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This high profile role is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team and work closely with the Group Director for Investor Relations and support on every aspect of investor relations for BT.
What you'll be doing
• Support the creation of key results documentation, including key messages, Q&A, presentation speeches and slides. Once familiar with process, lead on one or more work streams as agreed with the Group IR Director
• Liaise with equity and industry analysts, e.g. review draft research, respond to queries/questions
• Attend investor meetings with the aim of leading investor meetings over time
• Support consensus preparation
• Ensure familiarity with all aspects of the business; strategic, operational and financial
• Ensure familiarity with Purposeful Business strategy and objectives
•Support the understanding and importance of Investor Relations within BT
• Support other activities as directed by the Group IR Director (including preparation of regular or ad hoc reports for the board/senior management, monitor peer results)
• Become IR lead for one of the group’s divisions, becoming the IR ‘expert’ on the division, building strong internal networks (including senior management and industry analysts contacts), reviewing divisional press releases/Q&A and supporting division specific events
• Liaise with Lines of business on results supporting material
• Review as required non-IR lines of business presentations
• Ensure IR team is kept up to date with Lines of business newsflow
• As required, support IR only roadshows, presentations, sales force presentations and other meetings/events
• Support investor targeting for IR and senior management roadshows
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• An excellent communicator able to distil complex issues into easily understandable messages
• Strong influencing skills
• Strong numerical acumen with a good understanding of financial reporting and accounting, financial modelling and valuation
• An understanding of Capital Markets and ideally a good knowledge of the telecoms industry
• Well organised with an ability to prioritise activities and deal with senior management both inside and external to BT
• Able to work as part of a small team
• A can do attitude and desire to produce excellent results in everything they do
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Date posted: 1 February, 2019
Applications should be made through this link. If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please call 020 7356 4909.