Leading FTSE 250 – Support Services - Head of Investor Relations, London
Broome Yasar Partnership has been mandated exclusively to search for a Head of Investor Relations for this leading FTSE 250 support services organisation. Our client is the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America and operates in more than 33 countries around the world.
Our client takes the role and importance of world-class investor relations very seriously and sees the role of Head of Investor Relations ('IR') as being critical to the success of the Company in achieving its objective of delivering sustainable long term value for all stakeholders, and particularly its shareholders. The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure that both existing and prospective investors and sell-side analysts who cover the Company have a clear understanding of the Company’s strategy, actions, performance and prospects.
The Head of IR reports to the Group Finance Director, with whom they will work closely to manage and develop the company’s relationship with the investment community, but will also work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders, both operationally and at Group centre. The Head of IR is responsible for leading and managing the IR Team which currently comprises an IR Manager, a shared junior analyst resource and a PA who also acts as an IR Co-ordinator.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who is looking for a varied and senior role within a PLC. The role provides a blend of analytical work, communication with key stakeholders (shareholders, potential investors and analysts) and strategic thinking and influence. The successful candidate should expect to have input into key decision making within the Group.
Our client aspires to be recognised as amongst the best companies in the FTSE for how it communicates. This is reflected in the fact that the overall IR programme at our client has been consistently ranked in the top 3 in European Support Services over the last 5 years in both the Extel and Institutional Investor surveys, and each of its Heads of IR, CEO and CFO have also been consistently top 3 ranked across that period. Its IR function has also been widely recognised in awards ceremonies including the IR Society Best Practice Awards, and the IR Magazine Awards over several years.
The incoming Head of IR will therefore inherit a well-established, well-regarded function, and a role which sits at the heart of the Group centre, providing genuine exposure to the running and decision-making at the top of a FTSE 250 company and exposure to the most senior members of the management team. Longer term, significant opportunities for future development exist within the Group and so the role will suit an experienced practitioner with personal ambition to thrive within an exciting corporate context.
- Commercially minded qualified Accountant with significant existing experience within a Corporate IR or capital markets context
- Demonstrable and consistent career progression;
- Proven ability to work alongside, manage and coordinate senior level executives
- A deep understanding of the functioning of the equity capital markets and the role and function of Investor Relations within that
- Comprehensive understanding of financial models, equity markets, corporate financials, share register analysis and regulatory environment
- Experience of the structure and functions of listed companies including Board structures and processes, adviser relationships, listed company obligations etc.
Key attributes of the individual
- Absolute professional integrity
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate confidently and effectively across the group as well as with key external stakeholders;
- Numerate with an eye for detail but also the ability to frame and effectively communicate numbers and performance in the broader context of company/sector dynamics;
- High levels of personal ambition and motivation to succeed
- Demonstrable project management, organisation, leadership and interpersonal skills. Focused, well-organised with an open, straightforward and professional management style;
- Strong intellectual capacity and analytical skills – able to deal with complexity to draw clear conclusions and provide recommendations to senior management;
- Judgement & decision making - makes sound business judgements with ambiguous, incomplete or conflicting data;
- Ability to combine commercial and strategic perspective with day to day effectiveness – must be willing to get hands dirty;
- Communication - strong presentation and report-writing skills; a persuasive personality not afraid to challenge, debate and influence key decisions, and to identify and implement improved ways of doing things
- Ability to operate independently as well as work well with other internal disciplines such as CoSec, Internal Comms, Brand and Group Finance
All third party candidates will be forwarded to Broome Yasar Partnership.
If you do not hear back from the research team immediately then please assume your background does not match our client’s needs and expectations. Nevertheless, as Broome Yasar Partnership works on a considerable number of mandates throughout the year we may indeed contact you for another role.
Broome Yasar Partnership is regarded as the leading global investor relations and financial public relations executive recruiter. We also help to place candidates into senior corporate communications, marketing communications and public relations roles.
All our Partners have had direct and considerable experience of the coal face of investor relations and corporate communications, through their work prior to executive recruitment. For further information please call +44 (0) 3666 5130 or go to www.broomeyasar.com
Date posted: 3 August, 2017
If you believe your experience and background matches this brief then please send an introductory email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number AW-738648.