IR for small companies - MiFID II and everything you need to know
Laura Hayter summarises key highlights from a recent event hosted for small-caps and how they navigate regulations post MiFID II.
The IR Society and Orient Capital recently hosted a breakfast event 'IR for smaller companies – MiFID II: everything you need to know'. We were delighted with a full turnout on the day, and speakers included David Lloyd-Seed, Chair of the IR Society and Director of IR at O2; William Maycock, Senior Associate, Pinsent Masons; and Nicole Kaye, Deputy Head of Client Relations & Jason Black, Chief Operating Officer, Orient Capital. Discussions centred around how smaller companies can navigate regulations post MiFID II, including sell-side research, guidance, investor targeting and making the best use of available resources. This is the first in a series of events specifically for smaller companies and attendees came away with some practical advice for IROs:
- Know your investors – identifying and targeting is key
- Understand your brokers and the service they offer
- Update your calling card - do you have a clear investment proposition?
- Ensure your website is clearly laid out with accessible and relevant information
- Educate your management to ensure you get the best out of your listing
- As an IRO maintain an open and continuous dialogue with all market constituents
Look out for more IR Society events for small-caps on the events calendar for 2018.
Published 7 March, 2018