Head of Investor Relations – FTSE 250 – Aerospace & Defence
Location: Central London
To ensure that the Group’s strategy and performance is clearly articulated to the investment community including buy and sell side analysts, shareholders, investor targets and media. This should be achieved in a manner consistent with the company's overall positioning, corporate communications and marketing activities.
The person filling this role should have a strategic mindset, be a good storyteller, have a successful IR track record within the UK financial markets along with experience and knowledge of both US and European investors. They should have good existing relationships with investors and have a strong grounding in both finance and analytics.
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of our client’s business and industry dynamics
- Review and develop its investment proposition, regularly updating key supporting facts and figures
- Manage annual financial reporting calendar and communications including writing results announcements and presentations
- Key stakeholder and contributor to Annual Report and results presentation
- Establish a good working relationship and maintain a two-way dialogue with relevant investors and analysts on our client’s business, perspectives, market and competitive landscape
- Lead one on one interactions with prospective investors and analysts including investor conferences, filtering ad hoc investor meetings and deciding should take follow on meetings (e.g. CEO, CFO)
- Maintain consensus and review analyst estimates and models on a regular basis
- Developing and implementing a strategic external corporate communications plan including, liaising with PR advisors and be the primary media contact and internal communications to ensure consistency between internal and external communications
- Develop a schedule, organise and attend investor meetings, with the CEO and/or CFO when applicable. Prepare high quality supporting material and investor presentations for these meetings. Brief management before such meetings.
- Maintain a close oversight of the shareholder register. Contribute to our client’s thinking on composition of shareholder base and investor targeting including increasing the shareholder base in North America and Europe.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties and agencies (e.g. financial PR and house brokers) to derive value for our client.
- Remain up to speed on best practice in IR and compliance and, in consultation with Company Secretariat, ensure that regulatory changes are implemented as required
- Inform and share market and investor insights with Internal audiences (eg Global Leadership Team, Finance team)
- Own content on the investors section of the Group website
- Project manage and prepare material of investor days
- Conversant with all appropriate regulations and legal requirements and provide guidance to the Executive Directors as appropriate
- Present to the Board on IR developments and results announcements
- Play an active role on the Defence Committee and contribute to the development of defence strategies/actions
- Present our client’s sustainability strategy and performance to investors and rating agencies
- Develop and implement the external communications plan
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree and / or post graduate financial qualification
- At least 15 years of relevant experience that provides a strong foundation for Investor Relations in the UK . Can include one or a combination:
- corporate experience in investor relations
- investment banking, such as sell-side analyst or corporate broking
- financial communications agency
- Proven track record of IR
- Experience or at least good knowledge of UK capital market and Continental and European investors
- Strong Relationship builder with good existing relationships with investors
- Strong communications skills both written and oral. A good storyteller, professional and diplomatic
- Ability to generate credibility with the Board and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and financial skills. Ability to interpret internal financial models and forecasts. Good understanding of valuation and ability to discuss financial models with equity analysts.
- Ability to influence both internally and externally
- Energy for change, keen to learn and a self-starter
- Strong project management skills
- Strategic mindset but also able to work on the detail
- Down to earth and able to roll up their sleeves
- In-depth understanding of defence industry
- M&A experience – transaction, due diligence and/or post-merger integration
- Project management
- Financial modelling
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Absolute professional integrity
- Ability to operate independently as well as work well with other internal disciplines, such as CoSec, sector/regional teams and Group Finance.
- Attention to detail, diligence, and analytical thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey business information in an innovative, comprehensive and succinct fashion in a dynamic environment
- Serves as a strategic influencer with a strong, convincing influential voice who can drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Sets direction and builds alignment. Ability to engage effectively with the most senior levels of the organisation
- Uses diplomacy and tact, balanced with a sense of urgency to move projects and decisions forward
- Encourages open discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback
- Demonstrates, builds, and sustains a partnership mentality; relationship oriented and invested in maintaining and growing partnerships
- Builds and develops high-performing teams, leveraging the individual capabilities within the existing team as well as attracting new talent as required
There are significant opportunities to market to a global investor base, primarily in the UK and US, but increasing in Continental Europe. Travel within both the UK and internationally would take up part of this role.
Date posted: 12 August, 2021
If you believe your experience and background matches this brief then please send an introdutory email with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number ADBR-325436. If you do not hear back from the research team then please assume your background does not match our client’s needs and expectations. Nevertheless, as Broome Yasar Partnership works on a considerable number of mandates throughout the year we may indeed contact you for another role.
Broome Yasar Partnership is regarded as the leading global investor relations and corporate affairs executive recruiter. All our Partners have had direct and considerable experience of the coal face of investor relations and corporate communications, through their work prior to executive recruitment. For further information please go to www.broomeyasar.com