Investor Relations Manager
SEGRO is a UK Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), listed on the London Stock Exchange (part of the FTSE 100 index) and also Euronext Paris.
For over 100 years SEGRO has been creating the space that enables extraordinary things to happen. We own, manage, and develop modern warehouses and industrial property with a portfolio comprising 10 million square metres of space (103 million square feet), valued at £21 billion. We are spread strategically across key markets in the UK and Continental Europe and actively manage our portfolio to drive long-term outperformance.
Our goal is to be the leading owner, manager and developer of industrial properties in Europe and the partner of choice for our customers and other stakeholders.
Why work for us?
94% - employees feel engaged (2020 employee survey)
SEGRO is a friendly, vibrant community. We believe SEGRO people are amongst the best in our industry. We have a talented and committed team of employees in the UK and across Continental Europe. Our aim is to continue to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest employees in the industry.
We are proud of our track record in spotting and nurturing talent. Our ambition is to make sure every individual has the opportunity to maximize their potential and their careers with SEGRO.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking to appoint an Investor Relations (IR) Manager to assist the Head of Investor Relations (HIR) in managing the Group's relationships with institutional investors and sell-side analysts and help with the communication of the Group's investment case and business performance to financial markets. As sustainability becomes more important to our investor base this role also involves responding to sustainability related requests and working closely with senior management and the sustainability team to help communicate and evolve our sustainability agenda.
The role's principal accountabilities will be to work as part of a highly effective team who represent the Group to the global financial community. The IR Manager role's remit will be wide-ranging, diverse, fast-paced and will require extensive internal and external engagement.
Involvement in the results process and preparation of other financial communications
- Assist with the drafting of the 'front end' narrative and commentary (including Senior Management statements/interviews, business updates and regional commentary) of the Annual Report to ensure that SEGRO's key messages are provided in a clear and consistent manner.
- Participate in the development and preparation of half year and full year results materials including: press releases, presentation decks, management scripts, Q&A documents.
- Help with the preparation of trading updates and other ad hoc financial press releases.
Investor events/ targeting
- Input into the planning of the Investor Relations calendar to ensure a good mix of roadshows, conferences and other events.
- Manage the investor targeting process, working with IR coordinator and brokers to ensure events are an efficient use of management time and provide opportunities to meet new potential shareholders.
- Assist with preparations for investor events, for example preparing presentation materials and working with IR coordinator on the logistics of asset tours.
- Accompany management and HIR to meetings with investors and analysts and take part in asset tours and other external events.
- Maintain the CRM system to manage engagement with the investor community.
Analyst & investor outreach
- Develop an understanding of the key financial metrics and performance drivers of SEGRO to assist analysts with forecasting future company performance.
- Provide an additional point of contact for sell-side analysts and respond to ad hoc queries.
Market and competitor insights/ analysis
- Monitor peer group activity and issues impacting the sector and ensure that these are distributed internally.
- Use of analytical skills to prepare data, including industry comparative data, to use in investor relations communications for the market.
- Assist with Group responses to ESG related rating agency reviews, surveys and other related requests.
- Participate in the preparation of ESG disclosures within the Annual Report and also standalone documents such as the Responsible SEGRO data pack.
- Monitor ESG investor relations best practice, look for opportunities to streamline internal processes and help to ensure 'best-in-class' ESG reporting.
- Help to produce internal financial communications for Board, Senior Management and SEGRO employees.
Contribute to broader team success
- Monitor IR best practices and identify opportunities to enhance and improve internal and external processes.
- Build relationships and collaborate across the broader finance and corporate communities as well as with different business units.
You will have...
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Willing to take a vocational approach to the role.
- Well organised and structured thinker with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team and influence others.
- Able to identify issues and use initiative to resolve them.
- Organised and efficient time management skills.
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) skills.
It would also be nice for you to have...
- Relevant professional experience in finance and/ or accounting.
- An understanding of the equity market and its workings.
- An understanding of the property industry.
Special job requirements:
- Flexibility to work and occasionally attend events outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to travel if required.
What we offer...
Competitive package including; 25 days annual leave, private health care, pension, life assurance. As well as an agile working policy, annual medical check-up, a wellbeing programme and an annual charity day of giving.
We provide excellent opportunities for training and development, supporting employees with their career ambitions. We have a range of high-quality education and training on personal and professional skills that enable our people to fulfil their potential.
All employees participate in our annual bonus scheme and have the opportunity to own a stake in the company through share schemes open to everyone.
Date posted: 1 June, 2022
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV with covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to HR.Recruitment@SEGRO.com by EOD Friday 17 June 2022.
SEGRO is an equal opportunities employer. No Agencies please.
At SEGRO we want all of our people to be able to reach their full potential and thrive and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can be themselves, have access to fulfilling careers and opportunities, and feel supported.