Investor Relations Manager
Pay: Competitive. 30% on target bonus up to 60%, 10% pension, private medical insurance
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as an Investor Relations Manager within our Investor Relations team to take a lead role in supporting the teams vision of becoming a “best in class” FTSE100 Investor Relations function.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£310 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet. We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home, as well as some time on business travel. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for our stakeholders as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
We are looking to appoint an Investor Relations Manager to support the Investor Relations Director in managing the Group's relationships with its institutional investors and to help with the communication of the Group’s equity story and business performance to the financial markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the development and preparation of half year and full year results materials including: presentation decks, RNS announcements, management scripts and Q&A documents.
- Taking the lead on preparing the Strategic Report section of the Annual Report including writing high-quality narrative and commentary to convey the performance of the business to our external stakeholders in a simple way.
- Supporting in the delivery of all other investor communications such as ad hoc RNS announcements and for events such as Capital Markets Days or M&A transactions as required.
- Working closely with our corporate brokers with the objective of achieving valuable input to communications with shareholders and independent strategic advice.
- Leading the development and delivery of a strategy for expanding the equity investor base across geographies through high quality investor targeting and supporting materials as needed.
- Attending and, where appropriate, hosting investor calls or meetings.
- Researching and responding to investor queries in a timely manner.
- Networking effectively throughout Phoenix to ensure that we convey strong external messages and that we build the profile of the IR team within the business.
- Acting as a deputy to the Investor Relations Director as required.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a professional financial qualification such as an accountancy qualification, CFA, or similar
- Demonstrable capital markets experience gained in either a corporate broking, investor relations or sell-side analyst role
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a rigorous attention to detail
- Must be a very strong writer with good verbal communication skills and confident working with C-Suite and Board members.
- Dynamic individual, comfortable with working in a constantly evolving environment and to very tight deadlines.
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) skills.
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Date posted: 28 June, 2022
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you’ve ever worked, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please visit this link.