Senior Investor Relations Manager
Location: London (City Office)
Johnson Matthey (JM) is a FTSE100 company listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a global leader in sustainable technologies. We apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
Johnson Matthey is looking for a Senior Investor Relations Manager to contribute to the understanding of the company by building trust and confidence within the sell-side and investor community. As a member of this high-profile team, you will be responsible for helping to deliver the company’s capital markets Investor Relations strategy.
Reporting into the Director of Investor Relations, this role works closely with the CEO, CFO and other members of the Group Management Committee and offers significant exposure to all areas of the organisation, in addition to driving significant value externally.
- Accountable for multiple aspects of the Investor Relations programme including the origination of materials and investor events to improve knowledge of the group’s short, medium and long-term prospects, managing perceptions where necessary.
- Act as a key point of contact for the investment community. Responsible for communicating and building strong relationships with investors and sell-side analysts.
- Provide ongoing analysis of research by sell-side analysts and ensure the sell-side is aware of all company guidance and messages.
- Lead investor meetings, conferences, non-deal roadshows and participate in sales team presentations.
- Brief and coach management to ensure appropriate preparation / messaging for investor meetings and events.
- Create aspects of the messaging and production of the company’s financial results statements, trading statements and presentations.
- Work with external providers, advisers and internal business teams to deliver appropriate materials and messaging to ensure effective management of the group’s profile with investors and other stakeholders.
- Build a comprehensive network of contacts across all levels of the business to source information for Investor Relations and to provide external market views to our business.
- Keep abreast of major issues affecting the group including industry trends and competitors’ performance, providing feedback and insight to senior management of the Group and the relevant business.
- Work closely with key members of senior management and Corporate Communications as appropriate on public responses to time-sensitive issues impacting the company’s financial performance.
- Contribute new ideas to the running of the Investor Relations team and the provision of best practice. Innovate and continually look for improvement in the ways in which the Investor Relations message is communicated through different communication channels.
- Help develop and continually improve the investor relations programme, creating strategies, communication messages and tactics
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
- Extensive experience from equity market related work at FTSE 100 or 250 corporate, investment bank or large fund management institution
- A graduate in any discipline; qualified accountant
- Excellent IT Skills (particularly Excel and Word)
- Comprehensive understanding of financial models and corporate financials.
- Strong understanding of equity markets, share register analysis and regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Highly diligent with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to generate and manipulate data for the use in presentation material
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage own workload and deliver high quality work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be a results-orientated team player.
Date posted: 9 July, 2021