IR script writing for management presentations
This interactive half-day course will help you improve the quality and effectiveness of your script writing for results presentations. It will help ensure your scripted investor communications are clear, efficient and authoritative.
Course attendees will critique existing scripts and prepare a draft script using the tips and techniques developed on the course.
During this unprecedented time this course will be taking place online. From the 1st April we will be offering 'early bird' prices on all our courses, further information can be seen here. Please contact Jessica Hyett if you have any questions.
Who should attend?
- Those who write or review scripts for senior management for investor and analysts presentations
What will I gain?
- Tips and techniques to produce accurate, effective and polished IR presentations
- Develop the necessary skills to deliver clear scripted investor communications and ensure your management teams are presented at their best
- Learn techniques for writing quickly as well as effectively
"Really helpful real life examples and exercises in combination with simple rules - valuable feedback on own company transcript."
"It was a good overview on how to improve script writing providing me with new ideas to take back to the office."
"Useful course and learned a lot. I know what to do differently and very nice to meet other IR managers/officers."
Course tutor: Jon Harris
Jon’s unique background means that he is ideally suited to helping professionals develop their writing skills. Jon is a Cambridge English graduate, a qualified teacher of adults and an Associate Tutor at Goldsmiths University, where he teaches management at BA and MA level, giving him a deep understanding of the challenges and requirements for effective business writing. He has been commissioned by several IR teams to assist in writing critical communications at times of significant change and has lots of experience helping businesses frame and couch language for both internal and external communications. He has delivered writing skills training for the IR Society for several years and has also trained special-interest professional groups in writing skills, including banks, regulators and government departments. Jon is also a qualified business psychologist and a chartered management accountant.
- Welcome, icebreaker, and introduction – Who is your Audience?
- Introduction to scriptwriting techniques
- Some real-world presentations – analysis
- Exercise – Written statement to speech
- Exercise – Developing your own script
- Summary and evaluation