Building your debt IR capability (online)
This informative half-day course will look at current best practice in debt IR, how to deliver an effective debt IR programme, and will discuss the benefits of proactive debt IR engagement. No previous knowledge of debt markets is required and the course would benefit IR practitioners wishing to develop their knowledge of debt IR and teams looking to build their debt IR activity.
During this unprecedented time this course will be taking place online. From the 1st April will wil be offering 'early bird' prices on all our courses, further information can be seen here. Please contact Jessica Hyett if you have any questions.
Please note, this course is only run once per year.
Who should attend?
- Experienced and equity focused IRO's looking to increase their knowledge of debt IR
- New IRO's who have a responsibility for debt IR
- Corporates who are interested in increasing their debt IR programme
What will I gain?
- A sound understanding of debt investor base and capital structure
- The essentials of developing an effective debt IR programme
- A review of best practice disclosures and presentations
- A firm grasp of the role of rating agencies and their interactions with companies
- An action plan that can immediately be implemented in the workplace
"Very good, concise, to the point and backed by real life examples and applications. Thoroughly enjoyed it."
"Very well explained and balanced between "theory" and case studies."
"Very useful, I liked that it was interactive, we had good debates and discussions. Very comprehesive, good content, videos were useful. Excellent session."
Course tutor: Lorraine Rees - MD, IR-connect
Lorraine established the IR-connect consultancy in 2015 which specialises in IR for IPOs, and personalised IR mentoring for executive and non-executive directors, IR Directors and IROs. She runs a number of courses for the IR Society including the Diploma modules. Prior to setting up her consultancy company, she was IR Director at Standard Life plc, Head of IR at The Phoenix Group, and an equity analyst at Exane BNP Paribas. She originally trained as a chartered accountant, and has also worked in strategy, corporate finance, private equity and banking.
- Understanding your debt investor base and capital structure
- Rating Agencies
- Benefits of pro-active debt investor engagement
- Development of a Debt IR programme
- Best practice disclosure and presentations