Financial modelling (online)
This intensive one-day online course will help delegates to build financial models through a range of practical model-building exercises. It will assist in the understanding of valuations and will review the most common methodologies used by the market. The workshop-style course assumes a working knowledge of financial statements and a very basic understanding of valuation techniques. It also assumes a basic level understanding of Microsoft Excel, and delegates will be expected to have access to a laptop rather than a tablet or handheld device.
Please note, this course is only run once per year.
What will I gain?
- The ability to review an integrated set of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasts
- Knowledge of key forecast metrics such as: PBT, EBITA, EPS, etc.
- An understanding of the value of financial ratios to evaluate business performance
- An overview of valuation methodologies, including DCF
"I enjoyed the course and found it to be a useful overview. The main challenge is that it's a topic with so much to cover but some useful practical elements were covered in one day."
- Financial Modelling House Keeping
- The model starting point: An integrated set of P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow forecasts
- Analysis of Business Performance
- An overview of valuation methodologies: Absolute & Relative approaches to valuation
- Discounted Cash Flow
- Relative Valuation approaches
- Putting it all together: A case study
(Attendees will receive an information pack in advance containing the basic model to be used for the course, including historic P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet statements).