Informed 108 – Autumn 2020
This issue of Informed provides coverage of the IR Society's 2020 virtual conference, which was held at the end of September. There is also a feature titled 'Embracing change'.
The 17-page conference section includes write-ups from each session, as well as information about sponsors and exhibitors, and a summary of the day. There were four keynote interviews with Evan Davis, and four live panel sessions, which featured industry experts from IR, business and corporate finance. Sessions included:
- Keynote interview: Sir Donald Brydon
- Keynote interview: Baroness Lane-Fox
- Keynote interview: Sacha Sadan
- Keynote interview: Sir Jonathan Symonds
- Session 1: Key themes and mega trends
- Session 2: How to shape your IR
- Session 3: The changing shape of capital markets
- Session 4: ESG and stewardship as we emerge from the crisis Value through ESG
Also in this issue, a feature titled 'Embracing change' looks at the current state of the IR profession, and how things are likely to change over the coming months and years. There is a focus on ESG, guidance, small investors, corporate reporting, investor days, digital tools and more. Articles include:
- No dealing, no cry – Richard Davies, RD:IR
- A decade in the trenches hosting investor days – Sandi Meeks, Rivel
- Communicating your ESG performance is more important than ever – Siobhan Cleary, GRI
- Goliath investors are all very well, but don’t forget David! – Derren Nathan, Hybridan
- Providing guidance in the current market requires a tailored approach – Lois Hutchings, Equitory
- Beyond compliance to more authentic reporting – Rachel Crossley, Emperor
- From no room to boardroom. The rise of ESG – Yulia Chekunaeva, En+ Group
- The global pandemic has a silver lining for investor relations – Charles Hamlyn, QuantiFire.
- The future value of ESG as we look towards a post-pandemic era – Peter Hewer and James Bavister, MHP
- Capitalising on digital tools in a challenging environment – Ramón Pedrosa-López, The Paloma Project
Other features include an update on the 2020 Best Practice Awards, which will take place virtually in November; the launch of a new mentoring programme; industry news; new members; and CIR passes. A full list of up-coming events and courses also feature at the end of the issue.
If you have any ideas for inclusions in future issues of Informed, please contact Jessica Hyett.
Published 27 October, 2020