Informed 120 – Autumn 2023
This issue of Informed included a feature on market reform, which covered regulatory and demographic changes that will affect IROs in the years ahead.
It also included an introduction from chair, Douglas Radcliffe, where he highlighted the work of the board in improving the Society for its members; a personal view from CEO, Laura Hayter, who reflected on the some of the successes of the past quarter and provided an update on this year's Best Practice Awards; a report from events manager, Christina Warren on a successful pub quiz held in Moorgate; and a full list of shortlisted companies for this year's self-entry awards.
In her regular industry news, Liz Cole provided a summary of the latest regulation and reporting requirements. This included sections on short selling, SEC cyber security rules, QCA code updates, climate-related reporting, UK sustainability disclosure standards, EU sustainability reporting, diversity in finance – and many other topics.
In an article on IR career opportunities, Thomas Kudsk Larsen considered the merits of staying in the same company, moving to a new company – or shifting to a different sector altogether.
The market reform feature included the following articles:
- Retail investment and attitudes to risk, by Emma Burdett
- The impact of digitisation, by Doug Armour
- The great wealth transfer, by Dr Elli Siapkidou
- What now for research analysts? by David Enticknap
- Growing and engaging your retail shareholder base, by James Deal
- Virtual-only AGMs: A good or bad thing for investors? by Alison Owers
- Interpreting the 2023 AGM landscape, by Guy Walker
- The journey to sustainability disclosure, by Vikki Gault
- What will the FCA's new duty mean in practice? by Stuart Hudson
Regular features included new Society members, CIR and ICIR passes, professional development opportunities and up-coming events. We also presented three pages of service providers to the IR community.
If you have any feedback on this issue, or suggestions for future issues of Informed, please email Laura Hayter at email@example.com
Published 24 October, 2023