Investor Targeting and Engagement
This insightful half-day course will help you understand the different types of investors and the benefits of proactive investor targeting. You will also get a perspective on the key requirements and tools for executing a successful investor engagement programme.
Who should attend?
- Shareholder analysis teams and the IR practitioners or consultants who support IR professionals and shareholder analysis teams
- Junior IROs, company secretaries and finance teams
What will I gain?
- Practical insights into leveraging outside resources and online tools
- A clear understanding of the risks and opportunities of your shareholder register
- How to maximise the support of brokers, sales teams and other providers
- A perspective on the key requirements for effective and efficient investor engagement
When and where is this course running?
Investor Targeting and Engagement is running on the below dates. If you cannot attend any of the below training dates or your preferred modality is not yet scheduled, please do 'Register Interest' in the course to be advised of future training dates.
Course 1: In-Person, City of London
- Friday, 08 March 2024 (09:30 - 13:30)
Course 2: Online, via Zoom
- Tuesday, 08 October 2024 (09:30 - 13:30)
"Very good to understand the targeting approach, ways to identify/ interpret information and look to maximise value from using management time."
"Really good insights from people with lots of industry experience. Took away three to four interesting things that will assist me in the future. Coming from a background without much exposure to IR, this was a great way to get a wide introduction and beneficial for future work."
"Very informative - being a third party service it's great to hear what IRO's are facing in this uncertain climate. Great coverage of topics."
Course tutor: Lorraine Rees - MD, IR-connect
Lorraine established the IR-connect consultancy in 2015 which specialises in IR for IPOs, and personalised IR mentoring for executive and non-executive directors, IR Directors and IROs. She runs a number of courses for the IR Society including the Diploma modules. Prior to setting up her consultancy company, she was IR Director at Standard Life plc, Head of IR at The Phoenix Group, and an equity analyst at Exane BNP Paribas. She originally trained as a chartered accountant, and has also worked in strategy, corporate finance, private equity and banking.
- Introduction and developing your targeting strategy
- Understanding Investor trends
- Broker perspective - how to maximise the benefit of using a house broking team
- Using an IR firm effectively
- What the buy-side wants
- Best Practice, new technologies
8 March 2024
8 October 2024
- IR Society members (£475 + VAT)
- IR Society Premium members (course allowance included in membership package)
- Non-members (£670 +VAT)
Discounts for multiple bookings
We offer a 10% discount on course fees when booking two professional development courses, and 20% when you book three or more.