IR Regulation and Compliance Essentials
For IR professionals, compliance with rules and guidelines is an essential part of the job. Whether it's in financial reporting, market disclosures, compliance with relevant listing regimes, the treatment of inside information, or in the context of a transaction, mistakes are costly – not least in reputational terms.
Who is this course for?
The IR Society recommends all members attend this course at least once to ensure they understand the legislative environment in which they work.
This course will provide a foundation IR Toolkit, covering future themes for the profession and pending regulatory / legislative changes. The tutor uses real-life case studies to illustrate key issues.
What will I gain?
- An overview of the fundamental areas of regulation and compliance that affect IR
- An understanding of the areas of regulation with a day-to-day impact on IR
- A toolkit for dealing with price sensitive information, disclosure requirements, transactions and listing obligations and the financial and reporting calendar
- An overview of UK Listing rules: IPOs, Prospectus, Secondary listings, M&A, etc.
- An understanding of stock exchange obligations
Who Should Attend?
- CIR candidates
- New and experienced IROs
- Corporate communications and financial PR professionals
- Company secretaries involved in IR activities will also benefit from this course
When and where is this course running?
The IR Regulations and Compliance Essentials course is running on the below dates. If you cannot attend any of the below training dates or your preferred modality is not yet scheduled, please do 'Register Interest' in the course.
Course 1 2024: Online, Zoom
Course 2 2024: Online, Zoom
Course 3 2024: In-person, City of London
- Wednesday, 07 August 2024
Course 4 2024: In-person, City of London
- Wednesday, 06 November 2024
"Really good session - case studies particularly helpful at bringing it to life."
“ The course made my interest in IR increase hugely – all my objectives were met and there were a lot of high quality discussions. A lot covered, and delivered very well, particularly on topics which could be considered dry!”
"Very useful overview of the regulations, especially as a newcomer to the IR function, and bringing my knowledge up to date. I especially liked all the real life examples - companies, fines, outcomes of tougher regulation. Excellent course!"
Course tutor: Deborah Morton-Dare
Deborah specialises in financial training for all levels from beginners to advanced. She presents a comprehensive range of courses to a diverse range of corporate clients and financial institutions and specialises in making complex technical subjects comprehensible.
Deborah qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Arthur Young and then worked in Corporate Finance gaining wide ranging experience in a variety of corporate and financial institutions. She then worked as a financial consultant to companies assisting them in raising finance and structuring.
- Understanding the regulatory framework
- Role of a Sponsor
- Insider dealing and market abuse; how to deal with price sensitive information
- Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules (DTRs)– continuing obligations
- Dealing with the sell-side
- Knowing your shareholders
- Financial calendar and reporting
- Recent case studies and current issues
29 January 2024
28 May 2024
7 August 2024
6 November 2024
- IR Society members (£620 + VAT)
- IR Society Premium members (course allowance included in membership package)
- Non-members (£860 + VAT, Module One only)
Discounts for multiple bookings
We offer a 10% discount on course fees when booking two professional development courses, and 20% when you book three or more.