IR regulation and compliance essentials - Module One
For IR professionals, compliance with rules and guidelines is an essential part of the job. Whether it is in financial reporting, market disclosures, compliance with relevant listing regimes, the treatment of inside information, or in the context of a transaction, mistakes are costly – not least in reputational terms.
During this unprecedented time this course will be taking place online. From the 1st April will wil be offering 'early bird' prices on all our courses, further information can be seen here. Please contact Jessica Hyett if you have any questions.
Module One of this two-day course will provide a basic IR Toolkit, covering the fundamental areas of regulation and compliance that affect IR.
Please note, we reccommed that both module one and two are completed together.
Who should attend?
- The IR Society recommends all members to attend this course at least once to ensure they understand the legislative environment in which they work
- CIR candidates
- New and experienced IRO's, corporate communications and financial PR professionals
- Company seceraties who are involved in IR activities will also benefit from this course
What will I gain?
- An overview of the fundamental areas of regulation and compliance that affect IR
- An understanding of the areas of regulation with a day-to-day impact on IR
- A toolkit for dealing with price sensitive information, disclosure requirements, transactions and listing obligations and the financial and reporting calendar
"Really good session - case studies particularly helpful at bringing it to life."
“ The course made my interest in IR increase hugely – all my objectives were met and there were a lot of high quality discussions. A lot covered, and delivered very well, particularly on topics which could be considered dry!”
"Very useful overview of the regulations, especially as a newcomer to the IR function, and bringing my knowledge up to date. I especially liked all the real life examples - companies, fines, outcomes of tougher regulation. Excellent course!"
Course tutor: Deborah Morton-Dare
Deborah specialises in financial training for all levels from beginners to advanced. She presents a comprehensive range of courses to a diverse range of corporate clients and financial institutions and specialises in making complex technical subjects comprehensible.
Deborah qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Arthur Young and then worked in Corporate Finance gaining wide ranging experience in a variety of corporate and financial institutions. She then worked as a financial consultant to companies assisting them in raising finance and structuring.
- Understanding the regulatory framework
- Role of a Sponsor
- Insider dealing and market abuse; how to deal with price sensitive information
- Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules (DTRs)– continuing obligations
- Dealing with the sell-side
- Knowing your shareholders
- Financial calendar and reporting
- Recent case studies and current issues