Introduction to IR and the Financial Markets
This one-day course provides an excellent introduction to the world of investor relations, listed companies and the financial markets in which they operate. It explains clearly how the markets are regulated as well as looking at equity investors and the underlying investment principles. A Q&A session with a senior IR professional provides an invaluable opportunity to clarify any practical areas of particular interest to the participants.
Who should attend?
- New IR professionals
- Anyone working in IR, corporate communications, financial PR and new to the financial world
- Those with no financial background and new to handling financial communications
What will I gain?
- A good insight into the role of investor relations and the financial market environment in which IR operates
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of financial markets
- An overview of the current regulatory environment
- An invaluable opportunity to clarify specific questions through the Q&A session
When and where is this course running?
The Introduction to IR and Financial Markets course is running on the below dates. If you cannot attend any of the below training dates or your preferred modality is not yet scheduled, please do 'Register Interest' in the course.
Course 1 2023: Online, via Zoom
- Monday 13 November 2023 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 2 2023: In-Person, City of London
- Thursday 07 December 2023 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 1 2024: Online, via Zoom
- Thursday 18 January 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 2 2024: In-Person, City of London
- Tuesday 27 February 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 3 2024: Online, via Zoom
- Thursday 25 April 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 4 2024: Online, via Zoom
- Thursday 27 June 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 5 2024: In-Person, City of London
- Tuesday 06 August 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 6 2024: In-Person, City of London
- Thursday 26 September 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
Course 7 2024: In-Person, City of London
- Tuesday 19 November 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
"The course was thoroughly enjoyable. It was highly engaging, informative and very well-presented. It was a great introduction to investor relations, listed companies and the financial markets in which they operate" - December 2021
"It was hugely insightful and informative and feel like I've taken away a lot of knowledge and insight that I'll be able to apply in my day to day job" - December 2021
"I really liked the fact that Deborah made the course so easy to follow. It is not easy to conduct remote sessions, in fact this was the first training I attended remotely. Thank you for organising the break out room activities" - December 2021
"Excellent course, thoroughly enjoyed. Deborah was a fantastic facilitator and kept it interesting and engaging. Definitely taking away some suggestions for my team and for myself. Course materials were excellent and packs provided great" - March 2023
Course tutor: Deborah Morton-Dare
Deborah specialises in financial training for all levels from beginners to advanced. She presents a comprehensive range of courses to a diverse range of corporate clients and financial institutions and specialises in making complex technical subjects comprehensible.
Deborah qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Arthur Young and then worked in Corporate Finance gaining wide ranging experience in a variety of corporate and financial institutions. She then worked as a financial consultant to companies assisting them in raising finance and structuring.
- Financial markets
- Stock exchanges
- Equity investors and investment principles
- Role of IR
- Summary and conclusion
7 December 2023
18 January 2024
27 February 2024
25 April 2024
26 June 2024
6 August 2024
26 September 2024
19 November 2024
- IR Society members (£620 + VAT)
- IR Society Premium members (course allowance included in membership package)
- Non-members (£860 + VAT)
Discounts for multiple bookings
We offer a 10% discount on course fees when booking two professional development courses, and 20% when you book three or more.