IR regulation and compliance essentials - Module Two (Online)
For IR professionals, compliance with rules and guidelines is an essential part of the job. Whether it is in financial reporting, market disclosures, compliance with relevant listing regimes, the treatment of inside information, or in the context of a transaction, mistakes are costly – not least in reputational terms.
Module Two looks at more specific areas and situations, such as IPOs, more general transactions and the US market. Attendees will learn how the legal and compliance requirements for IR communications fit together and how they are applied in practice - with real-life examples to illustrate requirements. It also covers the provisions of the Takeover Code and provides a good overview of the LSE market.
Note that we recommend that both Modules One and Two are completed together.
Who should attend?
- CIR candidates
- New and experienced IROs
- Corporate communications and financial PR professionals
- Company seceraties involved in IR activities will also benefit from this course
(The IR Society also recommends all members attend this course at least once to ensure they understand the legislative environment in which they work).
What will I gain?
- An overview of UK Listing rules: IPOs, Prospectus, Secondary listings, M&A, etc.
- An understanding of stock exchange obligations
"Really good session - case studies particularly helpful at bringing it to life."
“ The course made my interest in IR increase hugely – all my objectives were met and there were a lot of high quality discussions. A lot covered, and delivered very well, particularly on topics which could be considered dry!”
"Very useful overview of the regulations, especially as a newcomer to the IR function, and bringing my knowledge up to date. I especially liked all the real life examples - companies, fines, outcomes of tougher regulation. Excellent course!"
Course tutor: Lorraine Rees - MD, IR-connect
Lorraine established the IR-connect consultancy in 2015 which specialises in IR for IPOs, and personalised IR mentoring for executive and non-executive directors, IR Directors and IROs. She runs a number of courses for the IR Society including the Diploma modules. Prior to setting up her consultancy company, she was IR Director at Standard Life plc, Head of IR at The Phoenix Group, and an equity analyst at Exane BNP Paribas. She originally trained as a chartered accountant, and has also worked in strategy, corporate finance, private equity and banking.
- Transactions and Listing Obligations
- Introduction to current regulatory framework
- IPO Process and market choice
- Listing rules and Prospectus rules
- IPO timetable, team and responsibilities
- Transactions including take-overs and mergers & acquisitions
- Role of the Takeover Panel
- Overview of the US market regulations effecting IR